Redefining Laser Lipolysis
Smartlipo Triplex is the market standard in laser lipolysis, offering three unique wavelengths: 1064 nm, 1320 nm, and 1440 nm. These wavelengths can be used in single or blended mode using Smartlipo’s MultiPlex™ technology and unique SmartSense™-ThermaGuide™-ThermaView™ intelligent delivery systems, to deliver optimal patient outcomes.
By customizing the wavelengths based on the treatment and patient type, Smartlipo Triplex offers:
- Tissue retraction through soft tissue coagulation1
- Reliable, controlled energy delivery
- Reduced liposuction procedure time and patient downtime
- Less bleeding and bruising than traditional liposuction
- High-definition body sculpting capabilities
1064 nm, 1320 nm, and 1440 nm
Smartlipo Triplex—An Evolution in Efficiency
The addition of the 1440 nm wavelength is an evolution in Smartlipo technology, delivering a wavelength with 40X greater absorption in adipose tissue. The 1440 nm wavelength significantly exceeds the performance of all other diode lasers and allows you to treat a broad spectrum of patients and treatment sites. Smartlipo TriPlex meets market demand for minimally invasive procedures with a single platform.
Smartlipo Triplex and MPX technology provide unique wavelength options to deliver predictable and reproducible patient outcomes:
- Blend 1064 nm and 1440 nm to effortlessly disrupt fatty tissue with less patient downtime.
- Blend 1064 nm and 1320 nm to cause coagulation in the subdermal layer.
Smartlipo Triplex Treatment Applications
Smartlipo Triplex delivers precision and versatility with wavelengths that are ideal for smaller and larger fat deposits, tissue retraction2, fibrous areas, or secondary liposuction cases. Smartlipo’s adipose-specific technology brings high-definition liposuction procedure capability to your practice.
Safely Deliver Smartlipo Triplex Energy
SmartSense™-ThermaGuide™-ThermaView™ intelligent delivery systems are so intuitive, they can help you treat to your clinical endpoints and prevent over-treatment. In real time, the system provides clinical feedback while potentially minimizing complications with integrated temperature and motion sensing.
1,2 Intended for the surgical incision, excision, vaporization, ablation, and coagulation of soft tissue.
Cynosure’s revolutionary Smartlipo™ LaserBodySculpting™ platform is even more precise thanks to SmartSense™—an intelligent handpiece delivery system for Smartlipo™ and Cellulaze… More
Designed to be used with our Smartlipo family of lasers, the ThermaGuide temperature-sensing cannula profiles subdermal temperatures during laser-assisted lipolysis,… More
Before & After
“My experience with Smartlipo has been very positive. Without a doubt, I have seen less bruising, less swelling, and faster recovery than liposuction alone. Smartlipo also has a strong market value. In the last 15 months, 125 patients have been to my practice specifically seeking Smartlipo.”Joseph Hunstad, MD, The Hunstad Cener, Huntersville, NC
“Smartlipo TriPlex has changed everything. It is predictable, fast, safe, and reliable. It causes no thermal damage, much less swelling, and very little bruising. This is the standard of care in laser lipolysis.”John Millard, MD, Millard Plastic Surgery, Lone Tree, CO
Events & Media
May 19-21, 2017
Join us for a dynamic weekend of education and inspiration from Dr. R. Stephen Mulholland, a pioneer of medical aesthetics,… More
Saturday, May 13th 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Reception 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Join Cynosure, Dr. Dianne Quibell, Flo Goshgarian, and Dr. Steven Rabin for a seminar that covers it all! Over the… More
Saturday, June 3rd 2017 9AM - 5PM
We will discuss and demonstrate today’s best laser technologies and treatments for a range of patient needs. In addition to… More
Saturday, June 10, 2017 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Join Cynosure, Dr. Carey Nease, & Dr. Raminder Saluja as we discuss and demonstrate today’s best laser technologies and treatments for… More
Saturday, June 24th 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Reception 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Sunday, June 25th 8:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
Join Cynosure and a panel of industry masters for a seminar that covers it all! Over the course of one… More
Concerned how the Affordable Care Act will impact your practice? You’re not alone. In a recent survey, 77% of physicians… More
Dr. Millard will discuss the expanded clinical capabilities of Smartlipo TriPlex and why it is the technology of choice for… More
You’ll learn how to: Achieve beautiful skin from the inside out with two trusted Cynosure technologies – Smartlipo and Smartskin… More
Get the latest clinical data and best practices to enhance your liposuction methods in 7 different ways: Avoid and reduce… More
SmartLook utilizes SmartLipo to tighten facial tissue* from the inside, and then applies SmartSkin CO2 to resurface skin and treat… More
Learn the latest laser techniques in facial cosmetic surgery that now utilize Smartlipo and SmartSkin CO2 together as, SmartLook, the… More
The performance of the Smartlipo product portfolio is driven by more than nine years of clinical study and evidence-based scientific data.
- Anderson RR et al. “Selective Photothermolysis of Lipid Rich Tissues: A Free Electron Laser Study.” Laser in Surgery and Medicine. 38:913–919 (2006).
- pfelberg DB et al. “Progress Report on Multicenter Study of Laser Assisted Liposuction.” Aesth Plast Surg. 18:259–264, 1994.
- Badin AZED, Gondek LBE, Garcia MJ, do Valle LC, Flizikowski FBZ, de Noronha L. “Analysis of laser lipolysis effects on human tissue samples obtained from liposuction.” Aesth Plast Surg. 2005;29:281–286.
- Badin AZED, Morales LM, Gondek L, Chiaratti MG, Canta L. “Laser Lipolysis: Flaccidity Under Control.” Aesth Plast Surg. 2002; 26:335–339.
- Caplin DA, Perlyn, CA. “Rejuvenation of the Aging Neck: Current Principles,Techniques, and Newer Modifications.” Facial Plast Surg Clin N Am 17 (2009) 589–601.
- Collawn SS “Skin Tightening with Fractional Lasers, Radiofrequency and Smartlipo.” Annals of Plastic Surgery. Volume 64 Number 5 May 2010.
- DiBernardo BE, Reyes J, Chen B. “Evaluation of tissue thermal effects from 1064/1320nm laser assisted lipolysis and its clinical implications.” Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy. 2009; 11:62–69
- DiBernardo BE, Reyes J. ”Evaluation of Skin Tightening After Laser Assisted Liposuction.” Aesthetic Surgery Journal. October 2009; 29:5: 400–407.
- Goldman A. “Submental Nd:YAG laser-assisted liposuction.” Laser Surg Med. 2006;38:181-184.
- Goldman A, Gotkin RH, Sarnoff DS, Prati C, Rossato F. “Cellulite: A New Treatment Approach Combining Subdermal Nd:YAG Laser Lipolysis and Autologus Fat Transplantation.” Aesthetic Surgery Journal. 2008 Vol.28 Number 6: 656–662.
- Goldman A, Gotkin RH, “Laser-Assisted Liposuction.” Clinical Plastic Surgery. 36(2009) 241–253.
- Goldman A, Schavelzon DE, Blugerman GS. Laserlipolysis: liposuction using Nd-YAG laser. Rev Soc Cir Plást. Jan/abr 2002;17(1):17–26.
- Goldman A, Wollina U. Subdermal Nd-YAG laser for axillary hyperhidrosis. Dermatol Surg. 2008;34:1–7.
- Goldman A, Wollina U “Lipoma treatment with Subdermal Nd:YAG laser treatment.” International Journal of Dermatology. 2009: 48, 1228–1232.
- Ichikawa K, Miyasaka M, Tanaka R, Tanino R, Mizukami K, Wakaki M. Histologic evaluation of the pulsed Nd:YAG laser for laser lypolysis. Laser Surg Med. 2005;36:43-46.
- Ichikawa K, Tanino R, Wakaki M. Histologic and photonic evaluation of a pulsed Nd:YAG laser for ablation of subcutaneous adipose tissue. Tokai J Exp Clin Med. 2006;31(4):136–140.
- Katz B, McBean J. The new laser liposuction for men. Dermatol Ther. 2007;20:448–451.
- Katz B, McBean J. “Laser-assisted lipolysis: A report on complications.” Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy. 2008;10:231–233.
- Katz B, McBean J. “A pilot study of the efficacy of a 1064nm and 1320nm sequentially firing Nd:YAG Laser Device for Lipolysis and skin tightening.” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. 41:779–784 December 2009.
- Khoury JG, Saluja R, Keel D, Detwiler S, Goldman MP. Histologic evaluation of interstitial lipolysis comparing a 1064, 1320 and 2100 nm laser in an ex vivo model. Laser Surg Med. 2008;40:402–406.
- Kim KH, Geronemus RG. Laser lipolysis using a novel 1,064 nm Nd:YAG laser. American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Inc. Blackwell Publishing, 2006.
- Leibaschoff G et al. “A double-blind, prospective, clinical, surgical, histopathological and ultrasound study comparing the effectiveness and safety of liposuction performed using laser lipolysis (Smartlipo) and Internal Ultrasound (Vaser) method, and assessing the evolution in patients.”
- Mordon S, Eymard-Maurin AF, Wassmer B, Ringot J. Histologic evaluation of laser lipolysis: pulsed 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser versus CW 980-nm diode laser. Aesth Surg J. May/June 2007;27(3):263–268.
- Prado A, Andrades P, Danilla S, Leniz P, Castillo P, Gaete F. A prospective, randomized, doubleblind, controlled clinical trial comparing laser-assisted lipoplasty with suction-assisted lipoplasty. Plast Reconstr Surg. Sep 15 2006;118(4):1032–1045.
- Resko AE, Magro CM, Diktaban T, Sadick NS “Histological Comparison of 1064nm Nd:YAG and 1320nm Nd:YAG Laser Lipolysis Using an ex vivo Model.” Journal of Drugs and Dermatology. Vol.8 Issue 4, April 2009.
- Saluja R. “Dual Wavelength Laser lipolysis treatment of Lipomas: A Case Report.” Journal of Drugs in Dermatology. April 2010 Volume 9 Issue 4 pg.387.
- Woodhall KE, Saluja R, Khoury J, Goldman M. “A comparison of three separate clinical studies evaluating the safety and efficacy of laser assisted lipolysis using 1064nm, 1320nm and a combined 1064/1320nm multiplex device.” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. 41:774–778. December 2009.