One Platform to Power the Future of Aesthetic Treatments.
The Icon Aesthetic System offers high peak power, state-of-the-art cooling, and the proprietary Skintel® Melanin Reader resulting in fast treatments with excellent results.
With the Icon system, aesthetic practices can provide the most popular treatments, including:
- Facial vessel and pigment clearance
- Surgical and acne scar treatment
- Stretch mark treatment
- Wrinkle reduction
- Leg vein clearance
- Permanent hair reduction
The system’s patented innovations include:
- Skintel Melanin Reader: A revolutionary device that determines the average melanin density of skin prior to treatment
- Advanced Contact CoolingTM: Cooling maintains temperature at 5° Celsius during treatments for enhanced comfort and skin protection.
- Various Microlenses for customized treatments:
- XFTM Microlens: High-speed, non-ablative fractional resurfacing with increased surface coverage typically allows for a full face, one-pass treatment in less than 15 minutes.
- XDTM Microlens: Non-ablative fractional resurfacing that uses point compression and a unique lens design to allow for a greater depth of penetration.
- AccuSpectrumTM: Dual filters minimize unnecessary epidermal exposure, enhancing client comfort.
- Photon RecyclingTM: Maximizes treatment results by reducing energy loss.
- Smooth PulseTM: Proprietary light delivery system that allows for the usage of greater amounts of energy.
- Power: Delivering a maximum effective energy1 of over 350 joules, Icon is the most powerful laser and optimized light aesthetic platform2.
1 Maximum effective energy is defined as the spot size x maximum fluence as measured in joules.
2 Versus other leading brands.
ThreeForMe Laser Treatments – the brighter solution for dull skin.
ThreeForMe is the proven solution to address unwanted wrinkles, sun damage and facial veins all within one treatment session. The synergies of combining the MaxG and 1540 handpieces provide remarkable results on a number of skin concerns with improvement in tone and texture after the first session. Patients have been extremely satisfied as it delivers the results they desire without extended downtime. These patients will say goodbye to their tired and dull skin and hello to a brighter, younger-looking self.
To learn more visit our patient site: www.threeforme.com.
Optimized light technology for superior clearance of vascular and pigmented lesions that goes beyond single-wavelength lasers. With the unique combination of Dynamic Spectrum ShiftingSM and dual-band filters, the MaxG provides more uniform heating across the entire diameter of the vessel, clearing even the deepest facial vessels.
Fractional, non-ablative laser for skin resurfacing and the treatment of surgical scars, acne scars and stretch marks – the only FDA cleared laser for this treatment. The various Microlenses allow for customized treatments; the XF Microlens for high speed, quick treatment sessions or the XD Microlens for deeper penetration to reach tough conditions such as scars and stretch marks.
Optimized light technology for the treatment of unwanted pigmented lesions – ideal for the chest, arms and hands. The high peak power allows the removal of difficult to treat finer and lighter hair.
Fractional, ablative laser for the treatment of wrinkles and textural irregularities. This one-time treatment provides dramatic results with fast recovery and minimal downtime.
Comfortably clears a variety of leg vessels, from the smaller red vessels to the larger blue reticular leg veins. This handpiece can also be used for laser hair removal on darker skin types.
Optimized light technology for permanent hair reduction on all skin types, including tanned skin. The large spot size quickly covers larger areas such as the back, legs, and chest.
The Skintel® Melanin Reader™ offers aesthetic practitioners better treatment guidance and an added element of confidence.
Before & After
“The Palomar Icon System’s increase in power and cooling has made a noticeable impact in both patient comfort and results. Other improvements in the touch screen and the new treatment tracking software are valuable time-saving features to help streamline procedures for both me and my staff.”
Robert A. Weiss, MD
“The Palomar Icon system’s increased power allows me to treat my fractional patients even faster, and the improved cooling helps to improve patient comfort during my skin renewal and hair removal treatments. These new features, along with the added confidence that the Skintel Melanin Reader provides, convinced me to get a Palomar Icon system for our second office as well.”Joel L. Cohen, MD
Events & Media
May 19-21, 2017
Join us for a dynamic weekend of education and inspiration from Dr. R. Stephen Mulholland, a pioneer of medical aesthetics,… More
Wednesday, May 3, 2017 6:00pm-9:00pm
Join Cynosure and Dr. Suneel Chilukuri as we discuss and demonstrate today’s best laser technologies and treatments for a range of… More
Saturday, May 6th 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Reception 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Sunday, May 7th 8:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
Join Cynosure and a panel of industry masters for a seminar that covers it all! Over the course of one… More
Friday, May 12th 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Saturday, May 13th 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Reception 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Join Cynosure and two of our top masters for a seminar that covers it all! Over the course of two days… More
Saturday, May 13th 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Reception 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Join Cynosure, Dr. Dianne Quibell, Flo Goshgarian, and Dr. Steven Rabin for a seminar that covers it all! Over the… More
Saturday, May 13th 2017 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Join Cynosure and Dr. John Decorato as we discuss and demonstrate today’s best laser technologies and treatments for a range of… More
Thursday, May 18th, 2017 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Join Cynosure and Dr. Gail King as we discuss and demonstrate today’s best laser technologies and treatments for a range… More
Saturday, June 3rd 2017 9AM - 5PM
We will discuss and demonstrate today’s best laser technologies and treatments for a range of patient needs. In addition to… More
Saturday, June 10th 2017 10am-2pm, Reception 2pm-4pm
Join Cynosure and Dr. Fink for a seminar that covers it all! Over the course of one day you’ll learn… More
Saturday, June 10, 2017 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Join Cynosure, Dr. Carey Nease, & Dr. Raminder Saluja as we discuss and demonstrate today’s best laser technologies and treatments for… More
Saturday, June 24th 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Reception 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Sunday, June 25th 8:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
Join Cynosure and a panel of industry masters for a seminar that covers it all! Over the course of one… More
Scars and Stretch Marks continue to be difficult-to-treat conditions that affect many people. However, Icon provides unique treatment options, so… More
Icon’s unique laser and light technology provides gold-standard results with the ability to grow your aesthetic practice at your own… More
Fractional, non-ablative laser therapy has the potential to treat a wide range of striae regardless of depth, pigmentation abnormalities, and… More
John Burns, M.D., a leading plastic surgeon, describes how using a highly effective and versatile pulsed light platform adds value… More
With over 21 years of laser experience and years of traditional ablative laser resurfacing in the 1990s, David Kent, M.D…. More
Through fractional photothermolysis, the Lux1540™ fractional non-ablative laser creates micro-columns of coagulated tissue in the dermis and epidermis, yielding significant… More
The MaxG™ Optimized Light™ handpiece offers vessel and pigment clearance that can exceed single-wavelength lasers. By using optimized light, the… More
Join Dr. Haneef Alibhai, MD; Medical Director of MD Cosmetic & Laser Clinic, as he discusses the benefits and effectiveness… More
Whether you are new the aesthetic industry or want to ensure your aesthetic technology is scientifically sound, this webinar will… More
Doctors Weiss and Narurkar present their latest case studies using Optimized Pulsed Light (OPL) to treat the most difficult vessels… More
Palomar hosted an Expert Roundtable and Webcast live from the 2012 ASLMS Annual Conference to evaluate the Skintel™ Melanin Reader… More
This program provides suggested advanced treatment strategies for hair removal applications.
Join Dr. Dianne Quibell of MD TLC Inc. as she shares her knowledge and advice for selecting the right technology… More
Presenting the latest clinical cases using the MaxG Optimized Light Handpiece. Drs. Emil Tanghetti and Jeffrey Dover present the latest… More
Examine the advantages of using a laser and pulsed-light platform for advanced skin resurfacing techniques. Dianne Quibell, MD will discuss… More
Building on two decades of unparalleled investments in developing light-based systems for aesthetic providers, the Palomar Icon system redefines the standard of light-based cosmetic and dermatologic care.
Vascular Lesions & Skin Renewal
- Shek S, P.Y. Chan N, C.Y. Chan J, H.L. Chan H. 2012. The Efficacy of a Dual Filter Handpiece (500–670nm and 870–1200 nm) of an Intense Pulse Light Device for the Treatment of Facial Telangiectasia. American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. (Abstract)
- Adatto M, Friedman D. 2012. Clearance of Port Wine Stains Following Optimized Pulsed Light Treatments. American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. (Abstract)
- Tanghetti E MD. 2012. Split-face Randomized Treatment of Facial Telangiectasia Comparing Pulsed Dye Laser and an Intense Pulsed Light Handpiece. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. (Abstract)
- Weiss R, Ross V, Tanghetti E, Vasily D, Childs J, Smirnov M, Altshuler G. 2011. Characterization of an Optimized Light Source and Comparison to Pulsed Dye Laser for Superficial and Deep Vessel Clearance. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine.
- Ross V, Tanghetti E, Vasily D, Weiss R, Childs J, Erofeev A, Smirnov M, Altshuler, G. 2010. New Optimized Light Source for Treatment of Vascular Lesions of the Skin. PMTI.
- Childs J., Erofeev A., Smirnov M., Altshuler G. 2010. Optimum Spectrum and Pulse Shape for Vascular Lesion Treatment: The Science Behind MaxG. PMTI.
- McMeekin T, Lertzman B, Hahn H, Arcara K. 2008. Randomized Study of Intense Pulsed Light and Pulsed Dye Laser in The Treatment of Facial Telangiectasia. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. (Abstract)
- Miranda C., Narurkar V. 2006. Comparison of StarLux LuxG with Long Pulsed PDL, Long Pulsed KTP, and Traditional IPL for Treatment of Telangiectasias. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. 70. (Abstract)
- Kim K., Berenstein L., Chapas A., Geronemus R. 2006. Comparison Treatments for Vascular Lesions with the Vbeam® and the StarLux IPL. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. 242. (Abstract)
- Astner S, Wolmers S, Tsao S. 2005. Increased Efficacy in Treatment of Facial Telangiectasia and Rosacea Utilizing StarLux IPL Technology with Variable Pulsewidth and Fluence. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine.105. (Abstract)
- Ross E.V. 2005. Split Treatment of Photodamaged Skin with KTP 532nm Laser with 10mm Handpiece Versus IPL: A Cheek-to-Cheek Comparison. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. Vol. 9999:1–5.
- Klingman D.E, Zhen Y. 2004. Intense Pulsed Light Treatment of Photoaged Facial Skin. American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Inc. Vol. 30: 1085–1090.
Case Studies: Pigmented Lesions, Vascular Lesions and Photofacial
- IPL G Series Case Study for Treatment of Postoperative Bruising, 2/5/2013
- MaxG Case Study Post Injectable Bruising from Dermal Fillers, 2/5/2013
- MaxG Case Study: Facial Telangiectasia, David Vasily MD, 9/23/2011
- MaxG Case Study—Port Wine Stains, Maurice Adatto, MD, 8/12/2011
- StarLux Case Study: Treatment of Vascular Lesions—Max G vs. Vbeam Pulsed Dye Laser, Arndt, Kenneth, 9/22/2010
- StarLux Case Study: Facial Telangiectasias, Alibhai, Haneef, 3/16/2010
- StarLux Case Study: Facial Telangiectasia (1), Tanghetti, Emil, 6/10/2010
- StarLux Case Study: Facial Telangiectasia (2), Tanghetti, Emil, 6/10/2010
- StarLux Case Study: Actinic Bronzing, VanDam, David, 4/21/2009
- StarLux Case Study: Solar Lentigines and Actinic Bronzing, Alibhai, Haneef, 4/21/2009
Fractional Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing
- Jeffrey Dover J, Saedi N, Mickle C, Chan S. 2012. A New Combined Treatment for Facial Rejuvenation Using an Optimized Pulsed Light Source Followed by a Fractional Laser. American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. (Abstract)
- Dierickx C, Campos V, Pinto C. 2012. Deep Heating of Dermis and Non-Ablative Fractional Facial Treatment with Micro-Compression Optics. American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. (Abstract)
- Doherty S MD, Seckel B MD, Childs J PhD, Tabatadze D PhD, Erofeev A PhD, Smirnov M Ph.D., Altshuler G Ph.D., Sc.D. 2011. XF™ Microlen Optic and XD™ Microlen Compression Optic for Non-Ablative Fractional Skin Treatment with the Palomar Icon™ System. PMTI.
- Zelickson B, Walgrave S., Al-Arashi M, Yaroslavsky I., Altshuler G, Childs J, Smirnow M, Tabatadze D. 2011. Evaluation of a Fractional Laser with Optical Compression Pins. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. (Abstract)
- Childs J, Altshuler G. 2011. XD™ Microlens Compression Optic for Deep-Dermis Non-Ablative Fractional Treatment. PMTI.
- Hedelund, L, Winther K, Beyer D, Nymann P, Haedersdal M. 2009. Fractional Non-Ablative 1540 nm Laser Resurfacing for Atrophic Acne Scars: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. (Abstract)
- Vasily D. 2007. Treatment of Melasma with the StarLux 1540. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. (Abstract)
- Altshuler G, Yaroslavsky I, Smirnov M, Erofeev A, Childs J, Tabatadze D, Belikov A, Pushkareva A, Tihonov S. 2003. Self Canalization of Laser Microbeam in Tissue as Fundamental Mechanism of Fractional Skin Resurfacing. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. (Abstract)
Case Studies: Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing
- Palomar Emerge Case Study: Acne Scarring For International Use Only, 6/11/2013
- StarLux Case Study – Non-Ablative Scar Treatment, van Vuuren, Rudie, 10/4/2011
- 1540 Case Study: Acne Scars, Zanelli, Gaetano, 8/12/2011
- StarLux Case Study: Non-ablative Skin Resufacing, Sinclair, Michael, 12/4/2010
- StarLux Case Study: Stretch Marks, Kolesnikova, Larissa, 9/22/2010
- StarLux Case Study: Facial Surgical Scars, Martin, John, 9/15/2010
- StarLux Case Study: Scar Treatment For International Use Only, Kolesnikova, Larissa, 7/21/2010
- StarLux Case Study: Acne Scars for Skin Type VI, Makrides, Lisa, 6/9/2010
- StarLux Case Study: Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing with Lux1440, Vasily, David, 3/16/2010
- StarLux Case Study: Surgical Scar Foot, Vasily, David, 2/4/2010
- StarLux Case Study: Scar Nose Bridge, Vasily, David, 12/11/2009
- StarLux Case Study: Scar Arm, Vasily, David, 12/11/2009
- StarLux Case Study: Acne Scars, Vasily, David, 12/11/2009
- StarLux Case Study: Scar Right Cheek, Vasily, David, 12/11/2009
- StarLux Case Study: Surgical Scar Right Eye, Vasily, David, 12/11/2009
Fractional Ablative Skin Resurfacing
- Waibel J, Graber E, Davis S, Badiavas E. 2012. Effects of Erbium Fractional Resurfacing on Third Degree Hypertrophic Burn Scars. American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. (Abstract)
- Ross, E.V., Doherty S, Seckel B. 2009. Groove Patterns of Ablation for Fractional Skin Resurfacing: Healing Time Course Study and Histological Evaluation. PMTI.
- Doherty S, Seckel B, Dierickx C, Ross E.V. 2009. Groove Patterns of Ablation for Fractional Skin Resurfacing: Clinical Results and Applications. PMTI.
- Doherty S, Seckel B, Ross E.V. 2009. Advantages of a Groove Pattern of Micro-Fractional Ablation for Facial Skin Resurfacing.Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. (Abstract)
- Ross E.V., Khatri K. 2008. Novel, Micro-Fractional Ablative Erbium Laser for Wrimkle Reduction and Skin Resurfacing. PMTI.
- Dierickx C, Khatri K, Altshuler G, Childs J, Erofeev A, Smirnov M, Tabatadze D, Yaroslavsky I. 2007. Fractional Delivery of Er:Yag Laser Light to Improve Efficacy and Safety of Ablative Resurfacing Procedure. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. (Abstract)
Case Studies: Ablative Skin Resurfacing Including Wrinkles
- StarLux Case Study: Ablative Resurfacing with Lux2940 for Mature Wrinkled Facial Skin, Makrides, Lisa, 3/16/2010
- StarLux Case Study: Perioral Rhytids, VanDam, David, 12/11/2009
- StarLux Case Study: Case Study for Perioral Rhytides using the Lux2940 and Groove Optic, Doherty, Sean 9/1/2009
Combination Fractional Ablative and Fractional Non-Ablative Skin Resurfacing
- Haneef Alibhai M.D. 2013. 2940nm Er:YAG + 1540nm Er:Glass Combination Treatment for Facial Resurfacing, PMTI
- Bass L, Doherty S, Seckel B, Ross V. 2011. Combination Fractional Non-Ablative and Ablative Treatment for Facial Skin Resurfacing: Clinical Results and Applications. PMTI.
- Joel L. Cohen, MD; E. Victor Ross, MD 2011. About Skin Dermatology and DermSurgery, Englewood, CO; Scripps Clinic, Carmel Valley, San Diego, CA
Case Studies: Combination Ablative and Non-Ablative Treatments
- StarLux Case Study: Treatment of Moderate to Severe Wrinkles with Non-Ablative and Ablative Fractional Handpieces in a Single Combined Procedure, Doherty, Sean, 2/16/2011
- StarLux Case Study: Facial Treatment with Lux2940 Groove and Lux1440 Handpieces, Doherty, Sean, 12/14/2009
Laser Hair Removal
- Joe Lowery, Rich Cohen, Felicia Whitney, James Childs and Gregory Altshuler, 2013. Comparative Study between the Vectus™ Diode Laser System and LightSheer™ Duet for Long-Term Hair Reduction in the Axilla. PMTI.
- James Childs, PhD, Richard Cohen, PhD, Mikhail Smirnov, PhD, Henry Zenzie, MS Gregory B. Altshuler, PhD 2012. Optimization of a Laser Diode for Permanent Hair Reduction. PMTI.
- Amin S, Goldberg D. 2006. Clinical Comparision of Four Hair Removal Lasers and Light Sources. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy. 8: 65–68.
- Manstein D, Pourshagh M, Anderson R, Erofeev A, Yaroslavsky I, Altshuler G. 2001. Effects of Fluence and Pulse Duration for Flashlamp Exposure on Hair Follicles. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine.
- Manstein D, Pourshagh M, Erofeev A, Altshuler G, Anderson R. 2004. Effects of Diode Laser Versus Flashlamp Exposure on Hair Follicles. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. (Abstract)
- Dierickx C, Altshuler G. 2006. Efficacy and Safety of a Suction-Enhanced Filtered IPL System for Hair Management. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. (Abstract)
- Campos V, Dierickx C, Farinelli W, Lin T, Manuskiatti W, Anderson R. 2000. Ruby Laser Hair Removal: Evaluation of Long-Term Efficacy and Side Effects. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. 26:177–185.
- Schulze R, Ross E.V. 2007. Low Fluence 1064nm Laser Hair Reduction for Pseudofolliculitis Barbae in Skin Types IV, V, and VI. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. (Abstract)
Scar and Striae Treatment
- E. Verhaeghe,†, K. Ongenae, L. Dierckxsens, J. Bostoen, J. Lambert. Nonablative fractional laser resurfacing for the treatment of scars and grafts after Mohs micrographic surgery: a randomized controlled trial. 2012. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. (Abstract)
- Martin Jr J. 2012. The 1540-nm Nonablative Fractional Photothermolysis for Facial Surgical Scars. American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery. Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 25–29.
- de Angelis, F, Kolesnikova L, Renato F, Liguori G. 2010. Fractional Non-Ablative 1540-nm Laser Treatment of Striae Distensae in Fitzpatrick Skin Types II to IV – Clinical and Histological Results. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. (Abstract)
- de Angelis F, Kolesnikova L. 2009. Fractional, Non-Ablative Laser Therapy for the Treatment of Striae Distensae. PMTI.
- Weiss R, Weiss M, Beasley K. 2008. Experience with Fixed Array Novel 1540 Fractional Erbium Laser for Acne Scars. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. (Abstract)
- Gonzales J. 2004. The Treatment of Warts with Intense Pulsed Light Technology. PMTI.
Case Studies: Soft Tissue Coagulation
- StarLux Case Sudy: Facial and Neck Soft Tissue Coagulation, Doherty, Sean, 5/5/2010
- StarLux Case Study: Abdominal Soft Tissue Coagulation, Doherty, Sean, 6/10/2010
- StarLux Case Study: DeepIR Soft Tissue Coagulation of Umbilical Area, Makrides, Lisa, 12/11/2009