The Best of Both Worlds
Elite combines two optimal wavelengths in one system: 755 nm Alexandrite and 1064 nm Nd:YAG, allowing you to perform aesthetic laser treatments with unsurpassed efficacy and patient comfort.
Elite’s ability to switch between two gold standard wavelengths means that you can select the most appropriate wavelength for your patients based on their skin type. With the flexibility to treat a single indication or multiple indications on the same patient during the same visit, you can expand your treatment capabilities without expanding your laser equipment inventory.
Elite delivers both patient safety and optimal results, enabling you to treat more indications than single-wavelength systems.
Optimal Wavelength for the Patient and Procedure
- The classic 755 nm wavelength has high melanin absorption characteristics and proven long-term results for pigmented lesion removal and hair reduction, permanently reducing hair by an average of 79% after just three treatments.1
- The high-powered 1064 nm Nd:YAG is the safest wavelength for permanent hair reduction on darker skin types and tanned skin. It’s also the wavelength of choice for treating facial and leg veins, the most common form of vascular lesions.2,3,4
Faster Treatment Sessions
With two lasers in one system, the Elite enables you to safely and effectively perform multiple applications. When compared to two standalone single wavelength lasers, this helps increase your client throughput, resulting in a more productive and profitable practice.
Unlike lasers with pre-set treatment parameters, the Elite includes a variety of spot sizes and adjustable pulse durations, allowing you to tailor your treatments based on your patients’ specific needs.
1Kilmer, S, et al, Long term laser hair reduction efficacy: A Report on the Use of Long-Pulsed Alexandrite Lasers for Hair Reduction. Cynosure, Inc.
2Tanzi EL, Alster TS. Dermatol Surg 2004;30(1):13-7.
3Sadick NS. Dermatol Surg 2003;29(9):916-9.
4Major, A., Brazzini, B., et al. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2001;15(6):559-65.
Before & After
Events & Media
Saturday, February 21, 2015
Feb 21 – Louisville,KY: Learn About the Latest Advancements in Aesthetic Lasers with Dr. Suneel Chilukuri
This comprehensive seminar covers it all with the latest advances in aesthetic laser treatments from hair removal and laser skin… More
Saturday, February 28, 2015 - Sunday, March 1, 2015
If you are planning to open a medical spa or incorporate medical aesthetics into your existing practice, you cannot… More
Saturday, March 28, 2015 - Sunday, March 29, 2015
If you are planning to open a medical spa or incorporate medical aesthetics into your existing practice, you cannot afford… More
Internationally recognized laser expert Dr. Jay Kulkin will show you how to bring popular aesthetic treatments into your practice in… More
June 1, 2005
Cynosure Technology Provides Aesthetic Practice Platform
As a recognized industry leader, our technology — including Elite technology — is strongly supported by clinical research.
- Alster, T.A., Bryan, H., Williams, C.M. Long-Pulsed Nd:YAG Laser-Assisted Hair Removal in Pigmented Skin. Arch Dermatol 2001;137(7):885-889. doi:10-1001/pubs.Arch Dermatol.-ISSN-0003-987x-137-7-dst00091
- Bencini PL, Luci A, Galimberti M, Ferranti G. Long-term epilation with long-pulsed neodimium:YAG laser. Dermatol Surg 1999;25(3):175-8.
- Bouzari N, Tabatabai H, Abbasi Z, Firooz A, Dowlati Y. Laser hair removal: comparison of long-pulsed Nd:YAG, long-pulsed alexandrite, and long-pulsed diode lasers. Dermatol Surg 2004;30(4 Pt 1):498-502.
- Davoudi S.M., et al. Comparison of long-pulsed alexandrite and Nd:YAG lasers, individually and in combination, for leg hair reduction: an assessor-blinded, randomized trial with 18 months of follow-up. Arch Dermatol 2008;144(10):1323-7. doi: 10.1001/archderm.144.10.1323.
- Chui, C.T., Grekin, R.C., LeBoit, P.E., Zachary, C.B. Long-pulsed Nd:YAG for Hair Removal: Early Histological Changes. LaserNews.net, LLC. 1999.
- Garcia, C., et al. Alexandrite Laser Hair Removal is Safe for Fitzpatrick Skin Types IV-VI. Dermatol Surg. 2000;26:130-134.
- Groot, D., Rao, J., Johnston, P. and Nakatsui, T. (2003), Algorithm for Using a Long-Pulsed Nd:YAG Laser in the Treatment of Deep Cutaneous Vascular Lesions. Dermatologic Surg 2003;29:35–42. doi: 10.1046/j.1524-4725.2003.29016.x
- Lanigan, S.W. Incidence of side effects after laser hair removal. J Am Acad Dermatol 2003;49:882-6.
- Lévy JL, Trelles MA, de Ramecourt A. Epilation with a long-pulse 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser in facial hirsutism. J Cosmet Laser Ther 2001;3(4):175-9.
- Lloyd, J. R. and Mirkov, M. Long-Term Evaluation of the Long-Pulsed Alexandrite Laser for the Removal of Bikini Hair at Shortened Treatment Intervals. Dermatol Surg 2000;26:633–637.
- Major, A., Brazzini, B., et al. Nd:YAG 1064 nm laser in the treatment of facial and leg telangiectasias. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2001;15(6):559-65.
- Mordon S, Brisot D, Fournier N. Using a “Non Uniform Pulse Sequence” can improve selective coagulation with a Nd:YAG laser (1.06 microm) thanks to Met-hemoglobin absorption: a clinical study on blue leg veins. Lasers Surg Med 2003;32(2):160-70.
- Sadick NS. Laser treatment with a 1064-nm laser for lower extremity class I-III veins employing variable spots and pulse width parameters. Dermatol Surg 2003;29(9):916-9.
- Sarradet DM, Hussain M, Goldberg DJ. Millisecond 1064-nm neodymium:YAG laser treatment of facial telangiectases. Dermatol Surg 2003;29(1):56-8.
- Schmults CD, Phelps R, Goldberg DJ. Nonablative facial remodeling: erythema reduction and histologic evidence of new collagen formation using a 300-microsecond 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser. Arch Dermatol 2004;140(11):1373-6.
- Tanzi EL, Alster TS. Long-pulsed 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser-assisted hair removal in all skin types. Dermatol Surg 2004;30(1):13-7.
- Taylor MB, Prokopenko I. Split-face comparison of radiofrequency versus long-pulse Nd-YAG treatment of facial laxity. J Cosmet Laser Ther 2006;8(1):17-22.
- Gold, M.H., Harris, T.R. Nd:YAG LaserFACIAL Treatment. Cynosure Whitepaper 920-0287-000.
- Kilmer, S, et al, Long term laser hair reduction efficacy: A Report on the Use of Long-Pulsed Alexandrite Lasers for Hair Reduction. Cynosure, Inc.
- Kilmer, S. Lloyd, J. Long term Alexandrite laser hair reduction efficacy. Lloyd Dermatology and Laser Center Whitepaper.
- Kulkin, J. Aesthetic procedures in a GYN practice. Cynosure Whitepaper 920-0388-000.