The Optimal Wavelength
With its high melanin absorption characteristics and proven long-term results, the 755 nm wavelength is ideal for hair removal on a wide range of skin types, permanently reducing hair by an average of 79% after just three treatments.1
In addition to being an outstanding laser for hair removal, the Alexandrite wavelength provides excellent clearance of epidural lesions.
Apogee’s laser parameters, including multiple spot sizes and adjustable settings, allow you to customize procedures based on client hair and skin type—for optimal outcome efficiency.
Easily treat your patients with fine hair and high melanin content in their skin. Apogee allows you to safely and effectively treat the most difficult of clients by delivering enough energy to destroy hair follicles, yet protect the epidermis from thermal injury.
A System That Can Grow With Your Practice
Stay current with your evolving patient demands. As your practice develops and your treatments grow, you don’t want your system to be obsolete. The Apogee is easily upgradable to an Elite Aesthetic Workstation with the addition of a 1064 Nd:YAG laser.
1Kilmer, S, et al, Long term laser hair reduction efficacy: A Report on the Use of Long-Pulsed Alexandrite Lasers for Hair Reduction.Cynosure, Inc.
Before & After
Events & Media
View All Workshops
As a recognized industry leader, our technology — including Apogee technology — is strongly supported by clinical research.
- Bouzari N, Tabatabai H, Abbasi Z, Firooz A, Dowlati Y. Laser hair removal: comparison of long-pulsed Nd:YAG, long-pulsed alexandrite, and long-pulsed diode lasers. Dermatol Surg 2004;30(4 Pt 1):498-502.
- Garcia, C., et al. Alexandrite Laser Hair Removal is Safe for Fitzpatrick Skin Types IV-VI. Dermatol Surg. 2000;26:130-134.
- Lanigan, S.W. Incidence of side effects after laser hair removal. J Am Acad Dermatol 2003;49:882-6.
- Lloyd, J. R. and Mirkov, M. Long-Term Evaluation of the Long-Pulsed Alexandrite Laser for the Removal of Bikini Hair at Shortened Treatment Intervals. Dermatol Surg 2000;26:633–637.
- Kilmer, S, et al, Long term laser hair reduction efficacy: A Report on the Use of Long-Pulsed Alexandrite Lasers for Hair Reduction. Cynosure, Inc.
- Kilmer, S. Lloyd, J. Long term Alexandrite laser hair reduction efficacy. Lloyd Dermatology and Laser Center Whitepaper.