The Laser-Powered Cellulite and Body Shaping Solution
SmoothShapes XV treats the underlying causes of cellulite through a proprietary technology called Photomology®. It uses a combination of vacuum and massage while emitting both light (650 nm) and laser (915 nm) energy.
SmoothShapes XV offers:
• Consistent and reliable tissue temperature elevation
• No consumables
• SmoothSpeed™ audible and visual treatment guidance
• One-setting treatments that are simple and easy to operate
How It Works
The platform vacuum component positions the skin for optimal laser and light penetration:
- The 915 nm laser penetrates tissue and is preferentially absorbed by lipids, causing a thermal effect at the treatment site.1
- 650 light has been demonstrated to affect permeability of the adipocyte cell membranes, allowing treated fat to move into the interstitial space.2
- The mechanical massage rollers aid in evacuating the expressed fat and fluids through the lymphatic system.
Spectra of water (solid line) and human fat (dotted line) noting approximate wavelengths of fat absorption maxima.
New 3-Day Treatment Option3
Doris Hexsel, MD recently published a study on a shorter treatment option for SmoothShapes: 3 consecutive days, 30 minutes per treatment area.
Reach an entirely new patient base: patients seeking immediate, effective results.
- Preparing for a vacation
- Preparing for a wedding
- Seeking a last-minute treatment
- Can only commit to a 3-day option
Shorter, quicker treatment options have the potential to save your business time and money.
1Anderson RR, et al. Selective photothermolysis of lipid-rich tissues: A free electron laser study. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. 2006;38:913–919.
2Neira R., et al. Plastic Reconstruction Surgery Sep 1; 110(3):912–922.
3Hexsel, D. et al. Noninvasive treatment of cellulite utilizing an expedited treatment protocol with a dual wavelength laser-suction and message device. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy. 2013; 15:65-69.
Before & After
We see improvement in dimpling and skin seems firmer, as well as smoother. Many of our patients have noted improvements—more than they’ve seen with other technologies. People with moderate type 1 or 2 cellulite are very happy with improvement. Clinically, I’m comfortable saying we often see 60 to 70% improvement with SmoothShapes alone.Bruce Katz, MD
Within the treatment area, there was an elevation of the skin depressions as well as flattening of adjacent bulges. The results lasted for six months after the eight treatments with no maintenance treatments in between.Michael I. Kulick, MD, DDS
Events & Media
Research on SmoothShapes’ patented Photomology technology began in 2002. Many of the investigations have focused on validating cellulite improvement with data that goes beyond two-dimensional photography.
- Anderson RR, et al. Selective photothermolysis of lipid-rich tissues: A free electron laser study. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine. 2006;38:913–919
- Neira R., et al. Plastic Reconstruction Surgery Sep 1; 110(3):912–922.
- Hexsel, D. et al. Noninvasive treatment of cellulite utilizing an expedited treatment protocol with a dual wavelength laser-suction and message device. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy. 2013; 15:65-69