Treat All Skin Types
Elite MPX gives you the advantages of two gold standard wavelengths – the 755 nm Alexandrite laser and 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser – in one system. These wavelengths have proven long-term results for pigmented lesion removal and hair reduction, and are also perfect for treating facial and leg veins, the most common form of vascular lesions. 1,2,3,4
Multiplex Makes It Easier
The 755nm Alexandrite is great at treating lighter skinned patients (i.e., skin types I & II) and the 1064nm YAG is the choice for darker skinned patients (skin types V & VI). But often those patients in the middle can present unique challenges.
Cynosure’s exclusive MultiPlex technology makes it easier to treat these patients. MultiPlex sequentially delivers Alex and YAG to provide customized treatments for ‘The Middle’, providing treatments that are faster and more effective than single-wavelength treatments.
And because Multiplex allows you to select wavelength combinations (Alex/YAG, YAG/Alex) and adjust pulse durations, Multiplex also provides great treatment flexibility for lighter and darker skin types as well. Multiplex means greater customization for each patient—and greater control for you.
Intensed Pulsed Light (IPL)
The Elite MPX is a true aesthetic workstation, featuring the option of an IPL. Maximize your investment by offering more treatments to your patients with
- Sun-damaged skin
- Pigmented lesions
- Diffuse redness, rosacea
Elite MPX’s IPL is high powered and features 3 interchangeable filters to customize treatments.
We’ve taken Zimmer’s SmartCool® proven air cooling technology and built it right it, saving space, increasing efficiency and making treatments easier than ever.
Another exclusive to Cynosure, integrated air cooling saves you floor space and gives you one less service contract to worry about.
Larger Spot Sizes for Faster Treatments
With standard spot sizes up to 18mm and optional 20, 22, and 24mm spots, Elite MPX helps you perform your treatments even faster and increase your throughput!
1Kilmer, S, et al, Long term laser hair reduction efficacy: A Report on the Use of Long-Pulsed Alexandrite Lasers for Hair Reduction. Cynosure, Inc.
2Tanzi EL, Alster TS. Dermatol Surg 2004;30(1):13-7.
3Sadick NS. Dermatol Surg 2003;29(9):916-9.
4Major, A., Brazzini, B., et al. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2001;15(6):559-65.
* Compared to 18mm spot
Before & After
Events & Media
Saturday, February 21, 2015
Feb 21 – Louisville,KY: Learn About the Latest Advancements in Aesthetic Lasers with Dr. Suneel Chilukuri
This comprehensive seminar covers it all with the latest advances in aesthetic laser treatments from hair removal and laser skin… More
Saturday, February 28, 2015 - Sunday, March 1, 2015
If you are planning to open a medical spa or incorporate medical aesthetics into your existing practice, you cannot… More
Saturday, March 28, 2015 - Sunday, March 29, 2015
If you are planning to open a medical spa or incorporate medical aesthetics into your existing practice, you cannot afford… More
Dr. Mullholland will introduce the Elite IPL that elevates the Elite MPX to the most complete aesthetic laser platform on… More
As a recognized industry leader, our technology—including Elite technology—is strongly supported by clinical research.
- Alster, T.A., Bryan, H., Williams, C.M. Long-Pulsed Nd:YAG Laser-Assisted Hair Removal in Pigmented Skin. Arch Dermatol 2001;137(7):885-889. doi:10-1001/pubs.Arch Dermatol.-ISSN-0003-987x-137-7-dst00091
- Bencini PL, Luci A, Galimberti M, Ferranti G. Long-term epilation with long-pulsed neodimium:YAG laser. Dermatol Surg 1999;25(3):175-8.
- Bouzari N, Tabatabai H, Abbasi Z, Firooz A, Dowlati Y. Laser hair removal: comparison of long-pulsed Nd:YAG, long-pulsed alexandrite, and long-pulsed diode lasers. Dermatol Surg 2004;30(4 Pt 1):498-502.
- Davoudi S.M., et al. Comparison of long-pulsed alexandrite and Nd:YAG lasers, individually and in combination, for leg hair reduction: an assessor-blinded, randomized trial with 18 months of follow-up. Arch Dermatol 2008;144(10):1323-7. doi: 10.1001/archderm.144.10.1323.
- Chui, C.T., Grekin, R.C., LeBoit, P.E., Zachary, C.B. Long-pulsed Nd:YAG for Hair Removal: Early Histological Changes. LaserNews.net, LLC. 1999.
- Garcia, C., et al. Alexandrite Laser Hair Removal is Safe for Fitzpatrick Skin Types IV-VI. Dermatol Surg. 2000;26:130-134.
- Groot, D., Rao, J., Johnston, P. and Nakatsui, T. (2003), Algorithm for Using a Long-Pulsed Nd:YAG Laser in the Treatment of Deep Cutaneous Vascular Lesions. Dermatologic Surg 2003;29:35–42. doi: 10.1046/j.1524-4725.2003.29016.x
- Lanigan, S.W. Incidence of side effects after laser hair removal. J Am Acad Dermatol 2003;49:882-6.
- Lévy JL, Trelles MA, de Ramecourt A. Epilation with a long-pulse 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser in facial hirsutism. J Cosmet Laser Ther 2001;3(4):175-9.
- Lloyd, J. R. and Mirkov, M. Long-Term Evaluation of the Long-Pulsed Alexandrite Laser for the Removal of Bikini Hair at Shortened Treatment Intervals. Dermatol Surg 2000;26:633–637.
- Major, A., Brazzini, B., et al. Nd:YAG 1064 nm laser in the treatment of facial and leg telangiectasias. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2001;15(6):559-65.
- Mordon S, Brisot D, Fournier N. Using a “Non Uniform Pulse Sequence” can improve selective coagulation with a Nd:YAG laser (1.06 microm) thanks to Met-hemoglobin absorption: a clinical study on blue leg veins. Lasers Surg Med 2003;32(2):160-70.
- Sadick NS. Laser treatment with a 1064-nm laser for lower extremity class I-III veins employing variable spots and pulse width parameters. Dermatol Surg 2003;29(9):916-9.
- Sarradet DM, Hussain M, Goldberg DJ. Millisecond 1064-nm neodymium:YAG laser treatment of facial telangiectases. Dermatol Surg 2003;29(1):56-8.
- Schmults CD, Phelps R, Goldberg DJ. Nonablative facial remodeling: erythema reduction and histologic evidence of new collagen formation using a 300-microsecond 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser. Arch Dermatol 2004;140(11):1373-6.
- Tanzi EL, Alster TS. Long-pulsed 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser-assisted hair removal in all skin types. Dermatol Surg 2004;30(1):13-7.
- Taylor MB, Prokopenko I. Split-face comparison of radiofrequency versus long-pulse Nd-YAG treatment of facial laxity. J Cosmet Laser Ther 2006;8(1):17-22.
- Gold, M.H., Harris, T.R. Nd:YAG LaserFACIAL Treatment. Cynosure Whitepaper 920-0287-000.
- Kilmer, S, et al, Long term laser hair reduction efficacy: A Report on the Use of Long-Pulsed Alexandrite Lasers for Hair Reduction. Cynosure, Inc.
- Kilmer, S. Lloyd, J. Long term Alexandrite laser hair reduction efficacy. Lloyd Dermatology and Laser Center Whitepaper.
- Kulkin, J. Aesthetic procedures in a GYN practice. Cynosure Whitepaper 920-0388-000.
- Bernstein EF, et al. Bilateral axilla hair removal comparing a single wavelength alexandrite laser with combined multiplexed alexandrite and Nd:YAG laser treatment from a single laser platform. J Drugs Dermatol 2012;11(2):185-90.
- Khoury JG, Saluja R, Goldman MP. Comparative evaluation of long-pulse alexandrite and long-pulse Nd:YAG laser systems used individually and in combination for axillary hair removal. Dermatol Surg 2008;34(5):665-70; discussion 670-1. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4725.2007.34125.x. Epub 2008 Feb 6.
- Baer, N. Blending Wavelengths for Hair Removal Results in Less Pain in Darker Skin Types. Cynosure Whitepaper 2011. 921-0234-000.
- Mulholland, R.S. Facial Rejuvenation with the use of the Elite MPX IPL Laser. Cynosure Whitepaper 2011. 921-0233-000
- Ribe, A. Evaluation of Elite MPX for the Treatment of Reticular Veins. Cynosure Whitepaper 2011. 921-0248-000.
- Saluja, R. Elite MPX for Tx of Solar Letigines and Pigmentation. Cynosure Whitepaper 2013. 921-0443-000.
- Saluja, R. Combining Single and Sequential Emissions of Wavelengths for Photoepilation of Hair, Treatment of Leg Telangiectasias and Treatment of Pigmentation. Cynosure Whitepaper 2010. 921-0213-000
- Saluja, R. Elite MPX™: Combining Single and Sequential Emissions of Wavelengths for Photoepilation of Hair. Cynosure Whitepaper 2010. 921-0212-000.